Saturday, February 8, 2014

Chop the Mop

  One thing I am not fond of or even very skilled at is putting much time into my look.  I am what I am.  I have a husband who loves me, disheveled locks and all...  what more could I ask for.  There is barely enough time in the day to tend to the necessities so putting a ton of energy into my outer "mask" does not appeal to me.  Again, I am what I am. 

  With that said, I went and chopped my hair today.  My Other Mother was around to watch the little people and my husband's annual work meeting was quickly approaching so I had a good reason to spruce up.  An appointment was available immediately.  It was synergistic.  


  Alls well that ends well.  Lord knows I have had my fair share of salon nightmare experiences, but I will save those for another day.  The new look is fitting and I feel pretty fancy.  Time will tell if I can keep it up.  


While at the salon, there was a group of ladies chatting away.  As my story entered the mix, one particular lady's ears perked.   Her daughter is embarking on a cruising journey in the near future and mom (the lady) was deeply worried about her.  I expressed to her the beauty, the safety, and the growth opportunites of this particular life path as they had surfaced for us, thus far.  Through doing so, I apparently alieveated her concerns without really trying.  As she left, she thanked me for my words.  This conversation meant more than simple parlor talk.  Our paths crossed for a reason, and I was happy to help the universe give another soul a sense of peace.   

The universe is pretty amazing.  It will always provide answers in one way or another.  You just need to watch for the signs and trust.  The right message will come when you need it.  Even at a hair salon, such things are possible.  

No comments:

Post a Comment