Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Shall We Sail

  Today I honor my precious husband for providing me with a life worth living.  

  I was a college student trying to figure out my life's purpose.  Truth be told, I was lost.  

  Then along came Gunar.  We worked together... he was the new guy.  Girls were fighting for his attention.  I stood by on the sidelines and watched, certain I was not his type.  I was wrong.  I won the heart of a prince.  

  On this day about a decade and a half ago, we became a pair.  On this day, my life became magical.  

Our first real date (we worked A LOT and were still taking heavy course loads) occured Valentine's Day with a fancy dinner out.  With no time spared he posed the question, "would you be willing to sail around the world with me someday?"  Um... Yeah... I didn't hesitate to sign on dreamily.  All of a sudden, there was more to life then I ever thought possible. 

  Years passed.  Life happened.  We were married and blessed with three amazing souls.  It was time to check out of the rat race with my prompting.  It was time to live the life G originally imagined.   

  That is the brief version of what brought us to here.  

  Thank you Gunar for daring to take the road less traveled with me.  It has made all the difference.  










No comments:

Post a Comment