Friday, April 4, 2014

Towers, Forts, and Other Stuff (by the kids)

While Mom gets the cockpit and back locker tidy...



Kai-  My fort is part hotel, store, waffle shop, and cake shop.  That's all.  Kayden and Fallon buy stuff with screws and nails and they use the screws and nails for money.  

 
(Fort by Fallon and Kayden)

Fallon-  I built it with my brother and we built it with teamwork. I bought a little carpet from Kai for Pipa (dog) to lay on.  It kept Pipa comfortable in the shade.  My job was to watch the dog so I brought her in the fort.  

Kayden-  My Mom started cleaning out behind the cockpit.  She had stuff she wanted to throw out so I had the idea we could build a fort with it.  I took my sisters chair and my chair and put them four feet from each other.   Then I took this little bench from my Grandma and made a triangle shape with the chairs.  Then I took the old enclosure pieces and draped them over the bench and chairs.   I used all of mine up.  Then I used a plexiglass panel and we had a little window.  Then Fallon let me use her enclosure pieces to cover up the space left.  I had an extra piece so I gave it to Kai.  My Mom gave us a hose.  I put one end in our fort and spread the other end out into the rocky land we built the fort on. You could talk into it and hear each other like a telephone.  It was the length of our boat.  It was rocky so I put an old towel on the ground.   Then we had some beds.  We built a little table too.  We put tarps over the fort to make it darker.


No luck fishing.  We weren't using the right bait.  

Jenny- People in the yard got quite the show; I watched many smiles and chuckles as people passed by.  A man working across the yard made a point to come up and tell us how impressed he was with the way the kids entertained themselves.  He was amazed they could carry on in a boat yard simply using things laying around.  It was nice to hear.  Nice job little ones :). You made me proud.  

3 comments:

  1. Does anyone know where I can find a hotel that also has a store, a cake shop, and a waffle shop? I've been looking all day!
    Good for you, Fallon, on helping Kayden get such an impressive structure built! And good for you for remembering to take such good care of Pippa!
    Kayden would be a good architect! Those skills will come in handy if you're ever caught on an island and need to build a shelter or temporary home. That would be a big help to your mom and dad!
    And I'll bet Kai played in it, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this "blogger" is a very good and talented and entertaining writer and picture taker! Wonder who she is...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi fallie, kayden and kai guy. I love your fort and how creative you guys were to use all the stuff you did to make it. Also, I'm glad fallon bought that piece of carpet for pippa to lay on at your store. Hey kai and kay, did you catch any fish? Don't ever forget how much your noni loves you and you are always in my heart. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete